Jo Thielemans (°1976) studied Sound Engineering at SAE Institute Brussels at the beginning of the century, and since then he has been:
- Sound engineer for contemporary classical ensembles (Bl!ndman, I Solisti, …).
- Sound designer and technician for theatre productions (Bronks, Muziektheater Transparant, …)
- Singer/guitar player in tribute band Dirty Machine plays Tom Waits.
- Guitarist and soundmaker in bands like Strange Feathered Friends (Americana), Campina Reggae, Grasjas (reggae), Bizarorama (hard to classify but certainly very energetic).
- Composer/producer/soundscape artist for video, film, and other productions.
- Recording engineer for classical and other music (Jon Birdsong, Onze Rijkdom, ..)
His current musical project is an electronic collaboration with pianist Anthony Romaniuk.
His esthetic is situated somewhere between Tom Waits and Four Tet.