Mozarts Don Juan, Così and Le Nozze in 1 day
Don Juan, Così and Le Nozze are adaptations of Mozarts operas Don Giovanni, Così fan tutte and Le Nozze di Figaro, the only three collaborations between W.A. Mozart and the librettist Lorenzo Da Ponte.
Together these three operas are seen as a trilogy in the opera repertoire: the Mozart - Da Ponte Trilogy.
DESCHONECOMPANIE and Muziektheater Transparant bring their own version.
“These Flemish musicians provided the highlight of the festival: an adaptation of Mozart’s three Da Ponte operas. Deschonecompagnie presented Don Juan, Così and Le Nozze in the form of a brilliant miniature version without orchestra – the piano was the only permanent presence, joined by a violin for Così and a saxophone for Le Nozze. It sparkled with linguistic virtuosity in a crazy carousel of dual roles and clever simultaneous translations of the original Italian arias.”
Joost Galema - NRC - 28 September 2020
- Concept | Direction | Text Adaptation • Tom Goossens
- Musical direction | Arrangements • Wouter Deltour
- Scenography • Geert Vanoorlé
- Costumes • Marij De Brabandere
- Light • Johannes Ringoot / Gilles Pollak
- Dramaturgy • Lalina Goddard
- Play • Clara Cleymans / Wouter Deltour / Jef Hellemans / Arne Luiting / Ineke Nijssen / Carine van Bruggen / Hendrik Van Doorn / Mitch Van Landeghem / Flor Van Severen / Annelies Van Gramberen / Jokke Martens / Jolien Van De Sande