Welcome to The Wild Stage, a symbiotic collision of human energies, a kaleidoscopic sanctuary of encounters.
Inspired by Kurt Weill & Bertolt Brecht’s sin city Mahagonny, oester dives into the human need for escapism. Casper Clausen, Timo Tembuyser, Baroque Orchestration X’s Jon Birdsong and Pieter Theuns, Adriaan de Roover, Matteo Sedda, Rob Hayden and Mustav Ahmeti improvise and experiment with this escapist urge, co-creating a stream of soundscapes and sceneries. The Wild Stage oscillates between pop, baroque and electronic music, between the contemporary and the classical.
The artistic practice of oester aims for a creative density that allows transdisciplinary collaboration, inseparably interweaving choreography, music, bodies and space. All musical compositions, visuals and choreographies are created together with the performers.
“Music and sounds inspire and kindle the imagination, which makes this organically developed performance equally exciting with your eyes shut. It is not only the performers, with the charismatic Timo Tembuyser truly standing out, who are given free rein to improvise. It rings out and clashes, causing the fascinated audience to look into a mirror and give their own interpretation to an unrestrained desire for more.”
19.09.2022 - Het Nieuwsblad - Guy Van Vliet
- Concept | Direction • Aïda Gabriëls
- Libretto • Ylona Supèr
- Dramaturgy • Ylona Supèr / Tessa Vannieuwenhuyze
- Intern dramaturgy • Anuschka Carl
- Choreography • German Jauregui
- Scenography • Mia Frykholm
- Costumes • Maarten Van Mulken
- jewellery • Yann Suhard
- Sound • Korneel Moreaux / Pieter-Jan Buelens
- Light • Harry Cole / Bram Vandeghinste
- Creation | Performance • Casper Clausen / Mustav Ahmeti / Matteo Sedda / Pieter Theuns / Timo Tembuyser / Jon Birdsong / Adriaan de Roover / Rob Hayden