Genres and atmospheres, operateske dada blues punk pop, a high-pitched voice, dark beats and theatricality make spring of this grandly intimate spectacle.
The band The Unrequired Love of Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe and Laurens Mariën release an LP and an electronic concert that navigates between a spectacle and a love ritual. Fluctuating genres and atmospheres, operatesque dada blues punk pop, a highpitched voice, dark beats and theatricality make spring of this grandly intimate spectacle. Together with dancer Hanako Hayakawa and writer Louise van den Eede, they cherish hope for a different society where people find each other around poppy fires, where spectacles have a liberating primal force, where all possible forms of love constantly exchange costumes.
- Concept | Direction | Performer • Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe
- Concept | Composition | Performer • Laurens Mariën
- Concept | Dramaturgy • Louise Van den Eede
- Dramaturgy • Louise Van den Eede
- Styling • Paule Josephe
- Mixing • Jasper Segers
- Musicians recording • Mattias De Craene / Lander Gyselinck / David Nuwami
- Dance • Hanako Hayakawa
Show on map