An homage to melancholy inspired by the baroque music of John Dowland with a text of Paul Verrept.
The party is over. Your guests have left. Only empty glasses and bulging ashtrays are a reminder of last night. All good things must come to an end. You find yourself beset by loneliness, when all of a sudden that melody resounds. Perhaps there can be one last party after all. Several baroque musicians retrace the steps of John Dowland, the 16th century composer of ‘Flow, My Tears’. Together they ask the audience to dance and, through music, build a bridge between the Renaissance and the present. A homage to melancholy.
- Composition • John Dowland
- Text • Paul Verrept
- Concept | Direction • Wouter Van Looy
- Set Design • Natascha von Steiger
- Costume design • Johanna Trudzinski
- Dramaturgy • Laura Schmidt
- Vocals • Marina Viotti / Bernt Ola Volungholen
- Lute | e-guitar | Electronics • Vincent Flückiger
|Luzerner Theater (Luzern)|
+41 41 228 14 14